(유카탄 선교 보고)
Praise God for His Unfailing Love and Presence in Yucatan!

Elizabeth Lee
Even though this was my first time going on this Missions trip, I knew this year was going to be different from previous years. I knew this to be true when I came back from school in New York in late May. At my first Missions meeting I asked John Paul to tell me all that I missed in previous meetings. I was shocked to be told that I knew basically as much as the other fellow VBS team members, which was almost nothing. This was not because of the lack of ability, dedication, or time of the members but the circumstances, as many of you know that could not be controlled. For the VBS team, we did not even get to see the craft materials until the night before we left for Yucatan. We also never once practiced body worship together as a whole team. As our day of departure was drawing near I started to realize that all the things we had left to do could not be done by human strength or will but by God's alone. Also, the most important things that we needed to be equipped with were a mentality of readiness and willingness to serve and God's love. Our evidence of this was through the children down in the villages of Dzi, Tekax and Cholul. Their joy in singing praises, their eagerness to hear the truth and the love exchanged between them and the team members were more than what we could prepare for. When all things seemed like they could not be done in the time or with the resources we had the only thing we can do was, to put our trust in God. I think that is one of the most important things God taught me on this trip.
God's presence in Yucatan was also shown through my fellow team members. As many of you know one of the main capacities we served in was through medical missions. My first time that I helped serve as a translator was in registering the patients. After 30 patients I was exhausted mentally as I tried so hard to make sure that I asked all the right questions and received as much information as possible about the patient. After a couple of more patients Mrs. Kim told me to stop what I was doing and to come over a pray for one of the patients who had just accepted Christ. I was convicted of how I had lost sight of my purpose on this trip. It was not about how many patients I could help register, or making sure I conjugated every Spanish verb correctly. This was the reason I was getting so easily tired. After praying for the woman with a couple other members of the team, I realized this trip's focus is sharing the gospel and loving God's people. How easy it was to lose focus on that, yet through God's mercy he reminded me in a very humbling way.
A missions trip does not end when we arrive back home to our families and friends. It continues through our prayers. One of the prayer requests I had for our missions team was to really reflect and pray on the things that God showed them in Mexico. My dear brothers and sisters in Christ, we should be continually praying for those in Yucatan, those I have witnessed who are following Christ by heeding to His Word, Matthew 28:19-20.
Thank you so much for all your prayer and support for us while we were down there. I put my trust in knowing that we will all continue to putting our faith in Christ in continuing and following His will.